INSTANCES HAVE COME TO THE NOTICE OF THE EMBASSY WHEREIN INDIAN NATIONALS HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE USING THEIR INDIAN PASSPORT EVEN AFTER ACQUIRING FOREIGN CITIZENSHIP/PASSPORT.
If a holder of an Indian Passport acquires nationality of another country, he/she must immediately surrender his/her Indian Passport forthwith to the nearest Indian Mission/Post abroad. Unauthorised possession of an Indian Passport shall constitute an offence punishable under the Indian Passports Act, 1967.
IN ORDER TO RENOUNCE INDIAN NATIONALITY, THE PERSON IS REQUIRED TO FILL UP A FORM AS WELL AS A DECLARATION FORM UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1955. HE/SHE IS ALSO REQUIRED TO SURRENDER THE INDIAN PASSPORT WHICH WILL BE CANCELLED BY THE EMBASSY AND A ‘NATIONALITY SURRENDER CERTIFICATE’ WILL BE ISSUED TO THE PERSON.
PROCESS TO SURRENDER YOUR NATIONALITY IN THE NEAREST EMBASSY/CONSULATE
The applicant should submit:
- Online Application form for surrender of nationality completely filled in on internet at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/
- Original Polish/Lithuanian Passport along with self-attested first and last pages of passport
- Original Indian passport
- 4 passport size photographs with light background Click here for photo specification
- Duly filled Annexure 1 (Hyperlink), Annexure 2 (Hyperlink) and Annexure 3 (Hyperlink)
- Requisite fee : PLN 715
- Page no 2 in Annexure 1 is the particular form to be filled and signed by an Indian citizen acting as witness.